Saturday 5 December 2015

So, the Christmas Tea was a wonderful success!  The church sanctuary looked amazing, with the lovely lights, table centres and Christmas trees arranged at the front.
I was so thankful to have Dinah, Paula and Aunty Kath support me on the first night.  I was nervous and felt I didn't sing as well as I could have.  But we are our own worst critic, right?  I am trusting the songs were a blessing as the Lord is the One to whom I sang.
The second night I sat a table with all Healing Hearts gals.  Always love to be with the people I love and feel comfortable with!  The program went more smoothly and I felt more relaxed.
The theme had been on "Christmas Memories" and two mother-daughter pairs shared their family traditions of celebrating the holiday.  Dinah kept glancing at me when the one woman described the way they exchanged presents, from youngest to oldest and one person at a time until ALL the presents were opened!  That is how our family has been opening gifts for years.  And we also start with the reading of  Luke 2 and prayer before we dive into the presents.  That was kinda neat!
This year was different, in that the weather was so mild and we have virtually no snow on the ground.  It was pleasant to drive on dry roads and not wear layers and scarves and boots to keep out the 40 below and wind chill!
I so appreciate the work that so many invested in the two evenings.  The men of the church, who dressed in white shirts, dark pants and ties, waited on our tables and served us.  God bless each one!
(Taken by my Paparazzi sister, Paula!)

No comments:

Post a Comment