Tuesday 19 November 2013

Tuesdays are busy days for me.
In the morning, there is a prayer meeting I can attend when we are home and not on the road.  This prayer meeting started in a young mom's home a few years ago. She had a burden to pray for the neighbourhood of north central Regina, where her family had just moved into a "Habitat for Humanity" home.  About 4 or 5 women participated in this time of prayer in the beginning.
This woman now has a full-time job and an active ministry both in and out of our church called Healing Hearts Ministry.  So the prayer meeting has moved around a little but is currently at the Healing Hearts Ministry Centre (766 Angus St.).  Faces change but we try to stay focused on praying for each other and the community.
Then in the evening, a ladies' Bible study happens at 7 pm where a varying number of women meet to worship, share & pray together and study God's Word.  This ministry was my heart and soul while Walter & I were leading the church.  Again, I participate when I can. I am so blessed to see different women, some young, some young in their spiritual walks and some mature Christians who can balance out the discussions and ministry to one another.  I am so glad to see this ministry carrying on~we need each other to spur one another on to love and good deeds!
So, if you have trouble tracking me down on Tuesdays, I'm likely at the ministry centre.
Join me there, when you can.  You never know who will show up, where the conversations will lead and how God will touch people with His healing power.
He might even touch YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment