Saturday 9 November 2013

"On the road again..."  (Willie Nelson)
This is our new ministry motto!  Walter and I are now roving missionaries, traveling to our visit our Healing Hearts staff members anywhere from four to eight hours away from our home in Regina, Saskatchewan. What God began over nineteen years ago in a community centre in north-central Regina, has now moved outward from its starting point to Alberta, northern Saskatchewan and Manitoba.  We never really expected to see the idea of the ministry spread beyond our local neighbourhood;  we just hoped it would survive the initial stages and last for a while!
I remember one prayer meeting we had at our Garnet House in the early days of the ministry where perhaps a half dozen of us joined to fast and pray.  As we sought the Lord together around the long wooden table, one woman shared an image that came to her mind while we prayed.  She saw the ministry located in north-central Regina like a heart, pumping life and healing outward to reach the hurting.  God was preparing us to dream big.  The impact of Healing Hearts Ministry was "to bring the healing touch of Jesus to wounded hearts" and those healing principles were for a greater purpose and scope than we could comprehend.
As I pack my suitcase, yet again, and prepare for another road trip, I pray for a fresh vision of Christ's healing power.  I pray for renewed love for people.  I pray for wisdom beyond myself.
May the Lord pump His life and hope to the brokenhearted as far as He leads our diesel Jetta down that road...
CMS

No comments:

Post a Comment