Tuesday 24 December 2013

Tonight we worshiped the Lord with a candlelight service for Christmas Eve.
My heart was struggling to enter into the atmosphere even though it was special and meaningful.  I love the Christmas carols; I was blessed by the soloists who offered their talents tonight.  The reading of Luke's & Matthew's accounts of Jesus' birth were beautiful.  The words brought comfort.
I was struggling because I felt Dad's absence-he's attended every candlelight service we've had in our Healing Hearts Ministry Centre since we bought it in 2007.  He made the wooden Nativity scene that we set up at the front of the church.  I missed his presence there tonight.
But as I looked around at those who were worshiping, I spotted various women I've known over the years. From Christine, who I've know since our children were babies, to Celena, my newest friend and sister in the Lord, I marveled at the blessing it is to see them and their families participating in this special night.
Although I wasn't feeling my usual joyful self on this occasion, God blessed me with reminders of His faithfulness.  He encouraged me by revealing that my prayers and time shared with these women has been fruitful.  That they have given back to me with love and acceptance and prayers!
With all my family in the dimly lit church and my Christian brothers and sisters surrounding me, I know I can enjoy Christmas this year-it will be different but God and the truth of the Christmas message is the same.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."   John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment