Wednesday 11 May 2016

I am so glad every day is a new day and that God's mercies are new every morning!
The Lord seems to know what we need for our journey of faith.  He knows how much testing we can take, how much to stretch us and then how to comfort and fill us up again.
Today, I feel like God poured out so many blessings on me, just when the anxieties and pressures were building up and beginning to add stress to our home and marriage.
First, I went out for tea with a friend Tuesday night.
Then, I met my friend and mentor for coffee this morning.
Next, I had the afternoon to play my guitar, read, pray, bake, relax...
And now this evening, I feel as though God has met me in the past 24 hours in various ways that renewed my spirit.  Meditating on God as my shelter and  my refuge, praying through Psalm 91 for my husband, my children and myself gave me a new perspective.
I also felt an urge to call our friend, our daughter-in-law's mother, Pat, to see how they were doing.  It happened to be 12 weeks today since they lost their son, Matthew and it was good to share together.  I appreciated her honesty.  She didn't sugar-coat the grieving process they were on as a family.  And she reinforced to me the importance, the utterly essential need for faith and trust in the Lord through these difficult trials.  This phone conversation was also a gift from my Father.
As much as I know with my head that I need to take care of myself in order to be a healthy caregiver, I realized it again today.
No guilt to take care of "me" in the midst of Caylea's recovery.
Thank You, Lord, for the gifts I enjoyed today that show You care for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment