Thursday 19 May 2016

Another phone call...perhaps not the news we hoped for but now we know the results of surgery.
Our family doctor called Caylea to say just one of the lymph nodes had signs of cancer.  So the paperwork was being done to refer Caylea to the Allan Blair Cancer Centre at the Pasqua Hospital.  From there, we will find out what the treatment options will be: radiation, chemotherapy or maybe the newly developed immunotherapy.
I feel like God prepared me for this news.  That morning, I was out in our backyard, sipping coffee and reading my Bible.  The next chapter in Jeremiah that I was reading was about the judgment God had for Egypt.  In the midst of the prophet's words of doom, there was hope for their future.
In the same way, God addressed the Jewish folks who would go through the years of captivity and the remnant He would preserve.  Twice, I read the short phrase:  "Fear Not".  Wonderful words of hope for me, too, as we were waiting for the information from Caylea's surgery.  The Lord was saying that I did not need to fear the news.
So while Caylea, her friend and myself were having a Bible study in James 1, talking about going through trials, the phone rang...and the promise of God echoed in my spirit:  "Fear Not".  It was special to have that Bible study time with Caylea and her friend, to be able to pray together about this news. Caylea's prayer was genuinely peaceful, and she gave thanks for her family's testimony in the midst of everything!  Choked me up!
Afterwards, when Caylea told her Dad, who was working in the backyard, I saw him hug his little girl real hard!  I let them have a moment.  When Caylea and her friend left for the mall, I went out to the yard to check in with my husband, and he voiced the disappointment I felt.  "It's not the news I was praying for - NO SIGN of cancer anywhere!  But it is better than it could have been!"
I, too, want to cling to the love and faithfulness of our God.  He knows Caylea and has her best in His heart.  He will direct the course of treatment and give us wisdom.
Since we have made the calls to family and then put the update on Facebook, we've had an outpouring of prayers, encouraging words and even some phone calls.  It all reminds us that we are not alone in this battle against cancer!
"For God has not given to us the spirit of fear,
but of power and of love and of a sound mind." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment