Friday 29 November 2019

It's been a good week. 
After a couple days, I was able to slow down and be okay with it.  Slept in and intentionally stayed lying down, not jumping up to "do"...it does take an effort to rest!
A highlight this week was a visit with Lyle and Doreen Fulmore, who live in Milestone, SK.  They've known me since I was a little girl.  I played with their daughter, Sheri, and their younger daughter, Chrissie, was my sister's age.  They lived in Parry, SK, in those days and ran the grocery store and post office. They have retired now and up and moved their house to Milestone.
So it was like deja vu to walk in their back door.  Apart from different paint colours and some new decorative items, the house looked exactly the same.
And they were the same kind, friendly folks I remember, except that I am an adult now and I was actually there to visit with them, not hang out with Sheri!
Our visit was catching up, filling them in on our family and ministry.  They talked about their new church and community.  And their grandson...I was so thankful for their input in my life as a kid, then a teenager.  It was through their prayers and influence that I accepted the Lord.  Sheri invited me to the youth group at their church and I was introduced to Jesus Christ and the Gospel.  I am so filled with praise for how God works! 
Now, Walter is back from Prince Albert and my quiet week is over!  But I'm glad we can be together again and spend the weekend following Daniel's curling in Saskatoon by the online scoreboard.  There's always stuff to do around home and we will putter at a leisurely pace.
"Every day with Jesus, is sweeter than the day before;
Every day with Jesus, I love Him more and more.
Jesus saves and keeps me, and He's the one I'm waiting for;
Everyday with Jesus is sweeter than the day before." 
I wouldn't trade our life for anyone else's because I know we are doing what God has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment