Thursday 5 December 2019

Another week flies by...another week at home which has been so good!
I am thankful for the restfulness of routine. I've been able to get some Christmas shopping done, my new book mailed out, and even tried baking a new shortbread recipe.
Walter and Daniel left early this morning for their annual NFL guys weekend.  Jacksonville, FL this year.  Mark has gone with them a couple of times, but his work schedule and availability don't always work out!
So a quiet weekend?  Not likely.  Even though I am still trying to slow down and focus on rest, I have some pressing things going on.
A dear woman helped me with the editing of my new devotional book and I want to thank her.  I am taking her for lunch tomorrow.  Swiss Chalet.  So glad for all Pat's help in fine tuning and finessing my words.
Then tomorrow night is the Parliament Community Church's Christmas Tea.   A lovely way to focus on the reason for the season with my sister, my step mom and my daughter. 
My Mom's sister, Auntie Katherine, has been undergoing chemotherapy and had surgery for cancer.  Now she is awaiting the next phase of treatment: radiation.  So I've tried to visit her when I'm in the city and I have a Scrabble date with her Saturday afternoon.
Sunday is church day.  Always.  It is a special service, with several of our church folks taking the step of baptism!  One is a young girl who Caylea has been mentoring in the youth group.  So exciting!
Today I had procrastinated in doing some computer/email work.  I cleaned up the kitchen, then I finished wrapping the presents I had bought.  But I made a cup of tea and settled in to do some work.  Usually I am not a night person, but Caylea was gone and our boarder, Kaila, also had left for the evening.  So I eventually buckled down and got three projects finished in a couple of hours.  Wow!  I impressed myself.
Now, I'm treating myself to a Christmas movie.
I am thankful for the blessings the Lord has given me.



No comments:

Post a Comment