Thursday 1 December 2016

I write this from our spare bedroom where I have spent the last couple nights
Walter has caught a dreadful cold and I wasn't able to sleep through his sneezing, coughing and being awake!  So he is tucked in for the night and I am almost ready to sleep myself.
Our days have been full with my ongoing painting at home here and Walter's oversight of the construction project at the ministry centre.  Today I had a lunch appointment and then an afternoon coffee with my mentor.  The painting didn't get too far and the living room is still in disarray.  Walter was feeling so rough he didn't leave the house.
Our main concern is that Caylea doesn't catch a cold or flu if it can be avoided.  Although not as sensitive or susceptible to germs as those who have had straight up chemotherapy, Caylea is still more at risk than the average, healthy young adult. So I disinfected the door knobs and hand rails specifically around our house, plus washed my hands numerous times when in contact with Walter or his dishes or his food!  I don't want to be paranoid, just careful.
We have two banquets/Christmas parties this weekend and we want to celebrate our daughter in law's birthday, as well.  She turns 25 on Saturday.  I pray that Walter will be recovered soon and that none of us will catch it over the weekend either!  Am I asking too much?
The building project is progressing well, in spite of some snow and colder temperatures.  The metal roofing is on and by tomorrow's end, perhaps the walls will be clad also.
In the midst of all this activity, I would like to get our Christmas tree.
We will be making a couple brief trips in the next week or two and then the season will be upon us.  That quick!  As usual, by the first of December, I start to panic that I won't get my shopping and preparations done in time...but I do have all my Christmas cards and extra mailings done, with the last batch ready to mail.  In some ways, I am ahead of myself.
As I am about to close my eyes, I give thanks to my Heavenly Father.  He is so good and patient and loving.  I am surrounded by a fun and lovely family.  I have friends who care and are available.  We have amazing teammates in ministry who are faithful.  Our fridge, freezer and pantry are full.  Our home is snug and warm.  Our family all have vehicles and the wherewithal to keep them running.
And I have Jesus.  His birthday is coming up and I do want to enjoy honouring Him this year.
Good night, all.  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment