Friday 30 December 2016

Life returned to some normalcy this week.
Daniel worked Tuesday-Thursday.  Today was his regular E.D.O. - earned day off.
Caylea had physiotherapy this afternoon and declared to us that she is experiencing some return of feeling and sensation beneath her armpit after these months of therapy!  Praise the Lord!
Walter had several meetings and a trip to city hall with regard to the wood shop rebuild this week.
So I took the opportunity to take a roadtrip to Weyburn to visit my Grandma Cecile Rasmussen.  I phoned first and showed up around 1 pm yesterday afternoon.  She was just putting lunch on the table for my Auntie Janet and her granddaughter, Brooklyn.  I had grabbed a Tim Horton's coffee and breakfast sandwich before leaving Regina but walking in to Grandma's house made me immediately hungry!  It was a lovely lunch, visit and the chance to see a couple of the relatives I have in Weyburn.  Grandma even brought out a beautifully crocheted tablecloth that her mother (my Great-Grandma Lena Kwasnicki) had made.  Each visit is precious because of what I learn from Grandma and because I know she is 91 and who knows how many visits I will have with her?  Just as I was about to leave Grandma's, another aunt dropped by so with a quick hug and brief greetings, it was nice to make connection.

I must say, after the busy pace of Christmas and the events of the season, a drive in southern Saskatchewan was a peaceful and reflective time for me.  I played worship music and would pause it just to pray.  Wide open fields and the huge blue expanse of sky refreshed my soul.  Even the pace of traffic in Weyburn made life seem to slow down and become more manageable.  
On the way home, I simply replayed the conversations and prayed some more for my family and for whatever came to mind.  As I drove, the sun was lowering in the western sky.  The shadows lengthened along the fields that were barely covered in snow.  Stubble showed through in many spots.  A snowy owl perched regally on a power pole along the secondary highway near Cedoux.  Seeing a creature of God's amazing design always revives my spirits.
As I turned onto highway 33, I cranked up a Paul Overstreet CD and sang as loud as I wanted!  
I got home to a dark house but soon three of us were gathered to have a simple taco salad supper.  
It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment