Wednesday 2 November 2016

I had a wonderful 50th Birthday celebration on Halloween.
My husband brought me coffee and breakfast in bed.
My daughter was able to have her treatments this week and drove herself.
My son Daniel brought flowers home for me after work.
Mark & Amy made it back from Manitoba in time for supper.
My mom baked me a coconut/orange chiffon birthday cake.  And my step-dad came up as well (after driving to Virden, MB for a chiropractor appointment in the morning...96 years old!)
My sister and niece joined us for supper and cake.
Everyone got me lovely gifts and made me feel very special...even the old  jokes werent too bad!
I had a few minutes alone to read my Bible and be thankful for such a special day.  This year, the Lord brought my attention to a verse in Ephesians that will be my theme for the next 12 months.
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called...
I had been reading a devotional book by John McArthur that focused on this verse for five or six readings, each day bringing out new truths of this many-faceted yet brief Scripture.  And for the day I was to read next, the emphasis was on being called.  I have been called, drawn, set apart for Gods special attention.  As John 15:16a states, You did not choose me, but I chose you.
For various reasons, I have battled with self-esteem and doubted my value.  But with each year that I grow as a woman who has been bought with a price by Jesus Christ, I am learning to love myself, value myself, believe Gods Word that I am beloved.  He chose me!  I may think I chose to follow Jesus and accept the Gospel in my life.  But truly, He was drawing me, He was capturing my heart, He was laying down the foundation of my life and His truth so that I could come into a relationship with Him.  He chose me, and did not reject me!
I have been called.  And now I am being urged to walk in a manner worthy of that calling.  In the days ahead as I live out my Jubilee Year (old Testament teaching that any slaves are to be released in that year, all debts cancelled and a fresh start in freedom to be had by the nation of Israel), I want to live more in the freedom I have as a Christian.  Free to worship, free to develop my gifts, free to love others and free to forgive as Christ forgave me!
With all the love lavished on me, and my deepest longing just to have all my kids and my husband together, I feel very spoiled.  As it turned out, our family curling team was able to curl also that evening at the Tartan Curling Club, so it was a very special and memorable day for me!
What an amazing start to 50 years of my life!  God is so very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment