Sunday 2 October 2016

Each day last week, Caylea seemed to get stronger and look healthier without the daily dose of Interferon.  Tomorrow, Monday morning, she is to have bloodwork done again and then it will be determined when she will resume treatments.
I read Psalm 130 during my devotions and was struck with these words:
"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in His Word I hope..."
We have done a lot of waiting throughout this journey with melanoma.
Waiting for appointments.
Waiting for tests.
Waiting for results.
Waiting for surgery dates.
Waiting during recovery.
Waiting for treatments.
Now waiting for Caylea's liver enzymes to be at acceptable levels.
I know what I am learning as we wait.
But what is my daughter feeling and experiencing and learning?
Some day we will see the bigger picture and know what God knows.  We are in the midst of the trials right now and its too soon to evaluate and truly process the waiting and the lessons.
I do know for sure that the Lord is not making us wait for nothing!  He does have a plan and a purpose.  He is worth waiting for.  And His Word is true and full of promises for His children.
I also read in Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit
you may abound in hope."
We trust that this coming week will be the right time for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment