Wednesday 5 October 2016

Another day of treatment finished and 2 more to go this week.
Today was particularly difficult and I am so glad I was able to spend more time in prayer this morning in preparation for the day.
I especially focused on verses in Romans 15 and 16 about peace and grace.  They were in my thoughts and I could repeat them as I watched my daughter shake, turn pale and struggle with the medication taking effect.
We also find ourselves making constant judgement calls on travel, invitations and commitments.  Caylea's journey is our priority right now but some things in life and ministry must carry on...yes, common sense plays a major role in our decision-making.  And yes, we know we are not indispensable in God's Kingdom.  But what do we set aside and what do we continue to do?
I am thankful for the words our supervisor, Neal, said to us Monday afternoon.  We are not to feel any obligation to our ministry responsibilities during this time.  This gave me a sense of freedom and relief to know our mission family was standing behind us with grace, not performance expectations!
There are a couple big decisions coming up that we do need wisdom for and that have some time parameters.  The Lord also knows these details and how we are quite preoccupied so as not to give proper consideration as we would normally give to such decisions.
Thank you, friends, for reading and for keeping us in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment