Thursday 29 September 2016

Resting is hard work!
As we have tried to take it easy this week, I was finding it a struggle to relax and slow down.  My brain and body had been gearing up for the second week of back and forth to the Pasqua Hospital, so slowing down took effort.
Today, I enjoyed about 4 hours at home alone.  Walter had a lunch appointment and then some errands.  Caylea had a cleaning job for the afternoon.  It was lovely to be free to do whatever I wanted to do...
First I took out my guitar and music.  It took 2 or 3 songs to warm up and get into a worship mood.  Then my Mary Kay order arrived so I stopped to chat with the consultant for a few minutes.  She is friends with me on Facebook and wanted to know how our daughter was doing.  I guess she was impacted by our positive attitude as a family and made a comment about our faith.  I pray that my posts will be a testimony of how the Lord is helping us through.
Back to my guitar and Bible and journal.
Which led me to praying...so many things to pray about these days.
The praying led me outside to do some weeding and tidying of our backyard.  Talking to God is sometimes easier outside in the sunshine, with the smell of earth and leaves to inspire.
Eventually I came back inside and laid on the couch for a few minutes.
Walter came home first about 4:30.  We chatted about the afternoon's events.
Caylea came in close to 5:00.  She was tired and a little sore but I think she was glad to have been out and doing something productive.
We had supper, stir-fry and rice, which the 3 of us ate in front of the t.v. - I know, shame, shame!!!
Our evening ritual of taking a walk may have to be changed to before supper; it's getting dark so early now!  We walked an hour and did 7500 steps.
As our evening drew to a close, we decided to soak in the hot tub.  If that isn't the epitome of relaxing, then I don't know what is!  By 10 pm we are so relaxed we are slipping into comas...
So here I am, blogging.  Just so people know that the Selkes are real humans, with ordinary lives and definite limits to their energy levels.
Tomorrow will be a new day but today, ahhhh, it was a gift of rest from the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment