Wednesday 26 October 2016

Today's thankful list...
*Caylea's temperature had spiked last night so Walter took her to emergency.  They fast-track cancer patients!  Within an hour, she had her vitals taken, blood drawn for tests and a chest X-ray.  It was determined that she had no infection and the fever was likely one of the side effects of the Interferon.
Thank You, Lord, for enabling Caylea to continue with treatments today.
*A couple chairs over from us at the cancer clinic sat a man and his wife.  He is a part-time pastor/drywall man and his wife was taking her last treatment for colon cancer.  They know of our ministry and receive our newsletter.  I visited with them both, then the husband came to meet Caylea and assure her they were praying daily while she took treatments!
Thank You, Lord, for this encouraging encounter.
*The sky had been grey and gloomy when we went into the hospital just before noon.  When we got out 3 hours later, the sun was out, the sky was a beautiful blue.  The drive home was warm and pleasant.
Thank You, Lord, for lifting the clouds.
*After supper, Walter and I took a walk, completing our long route that is over 5 km.  It was a lovely evening, no wind and quiet.  These walks have been our chance to talk over the day, discuss our family, keep on top of ministry news and simply be together.  Sometimes I think these walks have been our lifeline as a couple to keep connected during this challenging months.
Thank You, Lord, for joining us on our walks and strengthening us physically as well as relationally.
*Tonight I feel tired;  the good tired that comes from a day of activity and accomplishment.  The past few days I have been exhausted but then not sleeping well.  I pray that I can rest, the kind of rest that lets my mind and body be refreshed.
Thank You, Lord, that I can pray about everything and cast all my cares on You.
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment