Monday 12 October 2015

TEN DAY OF THANKSGIVING ~ Day 9
I got off track and should have been on Day 10 today.  Sigh!  But I can still blog an extra later...its not like there is an expiry date on thankfulness!
So, today was our family celebration.
Reasons I am thankful on this day as I ponder my family...
*God said that it was "not good for man to be alone" and so created a woman (and God led me to meet and marry a wonderful man over 26 years ago!)
*God sets the lonely in families (He gave Walter and I three children to cure any loneliness we may have had!)
*God can work all things for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (our home has not been perfect and we have had to learn about marriage, parenting and now almost empty-nesting through His wisdom and the role models He has provided)
*God gives us opportunities through these holidays where families gather and eat together to say "Grace" at the meals and bring Jesus into the occasions.
*Although our family is scattered this year, our time with extended family was fun and memorable. We played catch outside on a glorious fall afternoon, we watched the Toronto Blue Jays win a play off game to keep them in the running and we enjoyed a delicious meal that had been collectively prepared.
*Mark and Amy are thousands of miles away celebrating Thanksgiving with 13 students and their co-labourers with "One Hope Canada". (We enjoyed a 1 hour chat on the phone today!)
*Caylea is a couple hundred miles away, on a drama tour ministry called "Upside Down Productions" (saw her briefly on FaceTime until the call was disconnected!)
*Daniel was home and part of the fun and feasting with us today (he suggested bringing ball gloves and even brought brownies to contribute to the dinner!)
*Psalm 128 was my devotional reading this morning and it basically spoke to me of all the blessings I enjoy because I am in relationship with my Heavenly Father.  I am blessed with family, all that I need, and the promises for a future with Him.  I am rich.  God is so good!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!  May you find joy in the Word of God and in prayer and in giving thanks in all circumstances.  
Day 9 - How has God blessed you and your family?  

No comments:

Post a Comment