Wednesday 21 October 2015

I was dreading Tuesday...with all the hype before the election, I didn't dare turn on my laptop and log in to Facebook.  With the propaganda against Stephen Harper and the criticisms of Justin Trudeau and the campaign promises of all the parties, I truly dreaded the posts I would see after the election results were final.
One by one, I saw posts of thankfulness for Stephen Harper's service to Canada.  I saw people sharing posts of a Prayer for the new Prime Minister with the immense responsibility of his new vocation.  I was filled with joy and inspiration as I read many of my friends' commitments to keep the new leader of our nation in their prayers, regardless of their personal opinion and vote in the election!
Canada is an amazingly beautiful country, and I am blessed to have children traveling from the east coast to the west this year.  My family has had access to education, medical care and options for their futures.  The freedom we have had to worship and to serve in ministry in Jesus' Name has been a gift from God.
I trust that "God will keep our land, glorious and free"...but if things change, I know God will carry us by His grace no matter what the future holds.
In fact, I am not dreading the days ahead;  I am on the edge of my seat, wondering what the Lord will do!  Let's keep praying, friends.  God is not finished with Canada or with us, His children!

No comments:

Post a Comment