Friday 12 December 2014

"ARE YOU ALL READY FOR CHRISTMAS?"
I know it is a common conversation starter but I really don't want to hear this again!!!
Well, it really shouldn't bother me.  It could be a spiritual conversation starter if I used the opportunity the right way.
What if the next time I am asked that question, I answer with:
"Yes, I am.  I have put my faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and trusted my whole life to Him.  So I am ready to worship Him and celebrate His first appearance on the earth.  By the way, did you know He's coming again?  We need to be ready for His 2nd coming..."
This weekend is my "Christmas Blitz" while Walter and our son Daniel are gone to an NFL game in Kansas City.  I am going to get ready for the big event without any interruptions or cleaning/meal preparation to delay my progress.  I am quite looking forward to some "me time", too, just to relax and set my own pace.  And get my "festive on"!
When the next person asks me that dreaded question, I won't be so testy or glib in my answer.  I will have a response that maybe can get someone thinking about their own preparations for this special and holy season.
THROW BACK FRIDAY-1997?

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha....good one. That is a conflicting question...do we answer with a real answer our do we follow the cultural norm...it would weird some people out...but then on the other hand it might be exactly what someone needs to hear. Thank you Cindy, your blog continues to be challenging! 😊 happy shopping 🎄

    ReplyDelete