Sunday 12 January 2014

I am writing this from a hotel room in Winnipeg.
The clock on the bedside table reads 7:35; in eight hours, we will receive a wake up call from the front desk.Then a shuttle will take us down the block to the airport.
I'm both excited and apprehensive!
I am looking forward to the warmth, wearing sandals again and spending time with my wonderful husband of almost 25 years.
If I look out the window, I can see our car parked where it will stay for the two weeks we are gone. Such a convenient service.  I am thankful for all these details to work out so smoothly.
How can I express how blessed I feel?
As we drove down the Trans-Canada, the thought went through my mind that because of my husband's wise stewardship of credit cards points and God's provision we are going on this trip to the Dominican Republic.  What have I done to deserve such a trip?
Nothing.
Just as there is nothing I can ever do to deserve God's love, Jesus' gift of dying in my place, a home in heaven.
All I can say is thank You, Lord!
And I will simply relax and enjoy this gracious gift and celebrate God's faithfulness to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment