Friday 10 January 2014

Being at Millar College of the Bible this week has been both exhilarating and exhausting!
Sitting in desks with other young people led me back in time to my days at Nipawin Bible Institute from 1985-87.  We didn't have the convenience of laptop computers for taking notes or the technology of e-mail to submit book reports!  But the memories of going to class in the dark hours of pre-dawn and seeing the sunrise in the break before second period...I felt 19 again!
Well, until the early mornings caught up with me and I longed to "skip" class; I wouldn't give in to the temptation to stay in bed when the professor was my husband and I wanted to show support for him.
Standing in chapel was a time-warp, as well.  Except for the words being projected via computer and the songs being 25 years newer, if I closed my eyes, I could imagine the chapel experiences back in my day where God met with me in a special way!
It was very nice, though, to be older and respected by virtue of being guests on campus.  We were allowed to go early in the meal line ups a few times and students did make room at their tables to include us.
The highlight of my week, I think, was being invited to work out with some girls on Thursday evening.  Walter had book reviews to read and his final exam preparations to make, so I trotted off in my yoga pants and Healing Hearts tee-shirt.  I made my way to the upstairs work out room and pulled off my winter boots to put on my runners.  Four of us did a thirty minute routine and I felt pretty good about my fitness level-I may have adapted the push-ups and scrunches "just a bit", but I made it through!
Now, I am vegging out with my very tired hubby, watching a movie and snacking while typing this blog.  The clock says 8:25 pm but my middle-aged body says "When is it 10?"
I am thankful for the privilege of spending the week with Walter.  I am blessed to have the experience of meeting and sharing in a few students' lives.  I am overwhelmed by the opportunities God gives me ~us~ that we never dreamed would be possible back when we were young and just beginning our ministry adventures.
God has been so good to me!
And I am NOT 19 anymore; my work out is beginning to hurt now...




No comments:

Post a Comment