Tuesday 18 December 2018

December sunsets are rich.  Today's was a splendid array of pink, purple and gold.  Northern Saskatchewan winters provide the harsh cold and grey skies that make the colours such a gift, a surprise to the senses.
Driving along the highway after dropping Caylea off in Saskatoon, I slowed my thoughts, breathing deeply.  The busy day filled with the activity of chapel, office tasks and a FaceTime interview left me feeling harried.  So much so that I forgot my purse and cell phone when we jumped into the car.  We made it to Saskatoon with just enough time to pick up McDonald's and fuel before arriving at the Rider Express depot.  The bus pulled out and I drove back to Prince Albert. 
Alone.  No radio.  Slowing life down.
And that's when I noticed the beautiful western horizon.  Shades of purple and magenta blended into the navy blue night sky. 
I set the cruise control and enjoyed the quiet. 
Lord, I am Your servant.  I am listening...
Nothing extraordinary.  Simply the peace of God's presence and giving Him thanks.
I wouldn't trade the busy.  God has purpose in it all.
But how sweet is the fellowship on a December evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment