Sunday 19 August 2018

     This week we have made plans to fly in the Cessna 206 (NCEM plane) up to La Crete, Alberta for a regional conference of our western field missionaries.  Here's the thing:  with the smoke from forest fires in BC, we may not be able to fly as this plane must have visual capability as it is not instrument rated.  So we could fly on Tuesday morning and in about four hours be at our destination.
     The pilot is a very experienced and godly man in northern flying.  I trust his judgment.  By tomorrow afternoon, he will give us the final yea or nay.  That way, we still have time to drive the fourteen and a half hours from Regina to La Crete.  The conference begins Tuesday at supper time.
     Today, I have been praying off and on as the shadows of anxiety darken my thoughts.  I know as Caylea also is traveling with us, she feels pretty nervous about the small plane.  Will we have issues with turbulence and air sickness?
     I wish I didn't have these travel anxiety issues.  I have seen God's faithfulness in the past several years in keeping us safe and blessing our trips.  It just seems to be an area of weakness in my life and I pray Caylea hasn't inherited this from me!
     Deuteronomy 33:27 is my verse for the day:  "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."
     

No comments:

Post a Comment