Sunday 11 September 2016

GOING TO CHURCH!!!
Two weeks ago we were touring Nova Scotia with Mark & Amy - at Peggy's Cove, to be exact!
One week ago, we were in Saint John airport, awaiting the flight back home to Saskatchewan!
This morning, my heart is eager to return to our church family.  I want to share some of the experiences and how I saw God on our trip to Atlantic Canada.  I want to sing the familiar songs and greet our friends in Christ and maybe meet more new folks.  I want to lift my hands in praise and hear a sermon by my favourite preacher - Walter is speaking today!!!
It is a wonderful gift and humbling opportunity to travel as Walter and I do; it is also a delight to come home and be worshiping the Lord with those we are closest to and with whom we share life and ministry.  Our spiritual family knows us the best and has rejoiced and grieved with us through our life's journey.  As much as we get irritated by those we are closest to, we also can receive the comfort and healing of Jesus through them!
This week, I was pondering the Romans 11 passage about the Gentiles being grafted into the olive tree, the family of God.  And the old familiar chorus came to mind, that incidentally was a song I chose for my baptism service 30+ years ago...
I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God;
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood.
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family, the family of  God.
So, PRAISE THE LORD!  I am excited to rejoin our church family to be greeted with hugs welcomed back!
See ya' later!
Leadership gathered around Kelly and Nancy Morton to commission into ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment