Saturday 9 July 2016

And we're off...
I have continued to wrestle it out with the Lord - and myself -  about traveling and leaving Caylea at home.  Thankfully, she has recovered well from her surgery just over a week ago.  She is still favouring her right arm and has some soreness and numbness from the incision both up her arm and down her side.  So technically she can survive at home and do the basics.  Daniel is away instructing at a Kids Curling Camp in Nipawin for another couple days, so Caylea is truly alone for part of our time away.
This is only a short stint.  In August, Walter and I have had plans to travel to the Maritimes for about a year now.  We will spend some time with Mark & Amy as they are already just outside St. John, New Brunswick at the Hampton Bible Camp.  They will take us around to some of the tourist spots and we can stay in their guest accommodations.  But that will be about a 10-day period, possibly during the initial month of Caylea's treatments.
Is that a good time to be away?
My heart is torn because I would feel terrible to cancel out on our plans with Mark & Amy!
So early this morning, I was reading my Bible and praying, journaling the dialogue between myself and the Lord.  I was able to cast my cares on Him and not be plagued by worry throughout the day.  It seems I have to do this quite frequently!  Fortunately, I saw how David in the Psalms had to come to God often, as well!  He voiced some desperate and dark emotions, wrestling with evil and enemies and endless battles.
I cling to David's declaration at the end of Psalm 55 ~ "But I will trust in You."
That's it.  Simple.  Trust in my God.
He will take care of Caylea, her needs, her journey, her health, her state of mind!
So the bedding is in a laundry basket, our bags our packed and some snack foods are sitting on the kitchen counter, ready for our road trip to Silver Birch Bible Camp near Loon Lake, Saskatchewan.  Walter has his Bible stories, his object lessons and a continuing missionary biography all ready to go as he will be speaking at the children's camp for 5 days.  I don't have a specific role but there are always ways to help out and serve at camp!
In the meantime, Caylea has some plans in place for her time at home...including a friend to accompany her to her surgeon's follow up appointment on Friday.
She's in Your hands, Father!  She's Yours!
Until next weekend, I don't imagine I will have access to the internet to enter another blog.  So God bless each of you and enjoy the summer of 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment