Sunday 17 July 2016

All I can say is PRAISE THE LORD! 
Once again, God has shown Himself faithful and true.
We had a blessed week at Silver Birch Bible Camp.  Walter spoke his heart out - and lost his voice!  I was able to participate by playing guitar for the chapel worship times, help set up and take down chairs, hang out with kids at whatever skills and waterfront opportunities I could!  But mostly I tried to pray, especially for Walter as he spoke, and for the kids' cabin devotion times.  Praying is more labour  than you think; I found myself easily distracted and tired when I simply wanted to pray over these spiritual aspects of  camp.
And I found the Lord so good to me, to us, as we had wrestled with leaving Caylea behind...she seemed to keep herself busy and involved in good things.
The praise highlight of our week was that at the surgeon's follow up appointment on Friday( when Caylea's friend accompanied her to that appointment) the results were that of the 31 lymph nodes removed, there was NO SIGNS OF CANCER!  When I got the text with this news, tears immediately sprang to my eyes and I gave thanks to the Lord!
Here it is now, Sunday night, and Walter and I are still recovering from the exhaustion of the week.  But what a privilege to know and trust in our God who is so kind and merciful!  He gives us the courage to face fearful things, He carries us when we have no strength, He blesses us with prayerful friends and family!  I am overwhelmed tonight as I quiet my heart.
I say good night to you all and close with a verse from Romans 1:7 ~ "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment