Sunday 15 November 2015

The weekend has been quiet for the Selke family!
We've spent a lot of time on the couch, watching a Grand Slam curling event on TV and switching to CFL semi-finals on another sports station.  It feels good to rest; but now I'm beginning to get antsy.  Especially since the weather is unseasonably warm and pleasant for mid-November.  But in all our excitement, Walter is still experience pain and tenderness in his abdomen and I caught a cold. So the couch it is!
No news from Caylea and the "Ensenada Experience" team.  We assume no news means they successfully crossed into Mexico and are happily going about their ministry!  They will be performing musically, sharing testimonies and having conversations with folks in Rehab centers, jails and other venues that a man named "Ricardo" will book for the team.  I am anxious to hear how things are going...
Daniel has moved back home this weekend.  Somehow his belongings that used to fit into a relatively small bedroom and a few sports items in the basement now take up the lower level of our house. Things are in constant motion and flux in our household!
We usually hear from Mark and Amy every week or two but I think they are preparing for the move from the camp in Quebec to another "One Hope" camp near Blind River, Ontario.  I am sure they are busy and will connect when they have opportunity.
Again, the lesson for me in the past week has been to learn to wait on the Lord and trust Him alone.  I cannot trust in myself.  I have no power to heal gall stone attacks!  I cannot trust in my husband when he is the victim of a health issue.  I cannot trust in the medical professionals as they also are just human.  My hope must be in God.
This week as I had begun with a personal retreat time at our cabin on Katepwa Lake, I had spent significant time meditating on the Names of God and the Scriptures describing His nature and character.  It was so good to have that as my foundation for the challenges ahead, to remind me WHO is in control and WHO I can ultimately trust.
As we wait for a call about surgery, I realize we are waiting for God's timing and I know He will not make a mistake.  It will not be too early or too late.
God will be "right on time"!
Have a good week, my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment