Wednesday 11 November 2015

She's home for a day!
Our daughter, Caylea, has been away on drama tour with "Upside-Down Productions" since September.  We've missed any performances that were nearby and she was unable to be home even for Thanksgiving!  So for us to have her home - brief visit that it is - will be wonderful!
Before she decided to join up for the winter tour, Caylea had committed to a missions trip through our church "Ensenada Experience".  Thus, her Dad booked a flight for her to come home and have a day to prepare for this adventure to Mexico.
Seeing her smiling face at the top of the escalator at the YQR Airport made me grin like the lonely Mama that I am!  I hugged her tight.  It is precious to hold our grown kids and try to convey the love and pride and joy we feel for them.  But she had pent up energy from all the "snacks" West Jet provides on their flights.   So she bounded to the carousel to retrieve her bag and off we went, homeward bound!
She talked non-stop about the friends, the places they performed, the annoyances and the thrills of life on the road.  She passed on greetings from folks that know us, as well!  She was amazed at how small Canada seems, geographically and relationally, as so many people recognized her name or our family at various churches and Bible Colleges they had visited.
I warmed up leftovers for her as she kept up the constant chatter.  I was a happy Mom!
Now, I wait somewhat impatiently for Caylea to emerge from her hibernation~the time is so short and she will be busy repacking, buying health insurance, probably making a trip to Walmart, and having a family supper.  All too soon she will be leaving for a 30-hour van ride to Ensenada, Mexico on the Baja Peninsula.  I am so thankful and pleased that she has a heart for ministry and a love for Jesus.  I wouldn't want to keep her home, just to satisfy my selfish loneliness for my little girl.  But I will treasure this time with her...
Lord, keep her in your care!

No comments:

Post a Comment