Sunday 19 April 2020

I feel like I have been busy, yet not busy!  We slowed our pace and now adding anything extra feels like too much.  Yet, only a month or so ago, our pace was fast and furious and seemed normal.  Oh, to have a consistent life with the energy to be flexible!
So, we had Easter weekend.  How different!  No gathering for Good Friday or Easter Sunday, no meal with extended family or church family.  Hmmm.
It certainly gave me more time to read the Scriptural account of Jesus' last week and last hours on earth.  I could give more thought to His sacrifice.  I could feel His suffering and meditate on the cost of Jesus' life for my sin.  I did a Facebook live worship time on Good Friday afternoon.  We observed our fasting that day and joined the Facebook live communion service with Healing Hearts.  Walter, Daniel and myself shared the bread and juice in our living room.  Memorable. 
Preparing a simpler but tasty meal for Easter Sunday seemed weird but nice.  Ham, mashed potatoes and vegetables, a salad.  I made chocolate pudding with whipped topping for dessert.  Quiet but still a special time to remember our Risen Saviour.  Although everything surrounding us is out of sorts, this eternal fact remains and Easter could not be cancelled!
Continuing with my Facebook Live Bible study and worship time has been a lifeline for me!  Even though I don't have that many following, it is still good for me to study, to speak out what I am learning and have an outlet for ministry.  I especially enjoy the music aspect and that seems to be something people respond to, even on a computer screen!  As I taught on the prayer pattern "ACTS", I was inspired to keep on with the theme through "The Lord's Prayer".  I have done an introduction, and now will keep on this coming week, unpacking each phrase and how we can use it as a guideline for our prayer lives.
After being away from the NCEM headquarters for one month, Walter had been keeping in touch with the Executive team via Zoom.  With the social distancing, it became apparent that the overall feeling was that a visit by the General Director would help encourage the troops and give some stability and security that seemed to be lacking.  Walter organized a Zoom Day of Prayer with the Prince Albert staff and our IT guy made it work well.  Although a little odd and awkward, I led some worship and Jason shared a devotional.  Then Walter led in prayer and the various participants had email prayer requests that they also prayed in turn.  It's amazing how creative we can be to stay connected and continue to serve God!
In all, we are doing well.  We are adjusting and adapting to this new way of life.  Events are being postponed with our ministries, but we know this all will soon pass.  Then it will be busy!  And I mean, activities and conferences will resume.  But I hope we can learn to pace ourselves and take time to appreciate the Lord and each other.
Have a wonderful Sunday, my family and friends.  We love you all and miss being able to just get together for a visit or a meal.  Boy, will we ever have a celebration when we can meet again!


No comments:

Post a Comment