Wednesday 25 October 2017

Do you ever feel like time just flows, sometimes slow and lazy, sometimes standing completely still?
When Caylea was first diagnosed with melanoma almost 18 months ago, it felt like the world stopped.  The sun stood in one place and life was freeze-framed. 
Waiting.  Tests.  More waiting.  Surgeries.  Recovery. 
We stepped back from our normal routines and others stepped in to fill our empty spaces.
Camp.  Conferences.  We took a trip to Cuba.
In the midst of this, suddenly time picked up speed and we found ourselves on a river rapids.
Caylea's treatments became part of the current; our commuting to Prince Albert also part of the rushing waters.  Soon for our daughter, at least, the stream of her life will grow wider and smoother, hopefully where she can navigate the future without the weight of cancer on her shoulders!
Sometimes I'm not sure if we are in a raft, a canoe or a speedboat.
This journey seems to take me along and I don't always know if I need a paddle or if I should just hang on for the ride!
I am so thankful that Jesus is my lifeline - cheesy analogy and all - and I trust in Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment