Saturday 16 September 2017

This week I have been a tourist, a hostess, a listener, a prayer warrior.
I have been to the Royal Museum of Natural History.
I have cooked roast moose and Yorkshire pudding; roast chicken, mashed potatoes & stuffing; lemon coconut dessert and soft molasses cookies!
I have been studying a new devotional book entitled, " A Place of Quiet Rest" and focusing on listening to what God is saying to me.  After two or three days, I finally felt like I had shed some of the clutter and could tune in to God's voice.
Praying.  Keeping in a spirit of prayer throughout the day.  Interceding about all kinds of prayers and requests.  Praying without ceasing.
Tomorrow, our HHM Regina team is meeting after church for the first fall get together to pray and plan.  I feel excited about the new season of ministry!
And tonight I read about Jonah.  I was so struck in the first six verses of the book that you just cannot flee from the presence of the Lord.  Psalm 139 backs that truth by asking the questions: "Where shall I go from your spirit?  Or where shall I flee from our presence?"
Tonight, I feel safe as a child of God.
It is wonderful to rest in His presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment