Sunday 8 January 2017

Standing between friends, who were visiting our ministry, and my husband, I closed my eyes and raised my hands in worship.
I felt a freedom to sing, to let my heart experience the joy of music and the truth of the words in the songs.  It was the first Sunday we had been at Healing Hearts in Regina in the new year.  Before we left for church this morning, I specifically prayed for our service, for all our staff and folks who are identifying with the ministry.  I asked the Lord to send His Spirit to revive us and give fresh vision for the new year.  And it certainly felt like He was answering those prayers!
Nearly 3/4 of our sanctuary was full - and our numbers have been down in the past few months.  New faces were in the crowd.  All our regular attenders and most of our Regina staff members were participating this morning.  Like a family reunion.
Bob gave the announcements for the start-up of Bible studies and ministry groups restarting after the holidays.  As he was inviting Walter to come up to lead the sharing time, someone spoke up that there was Sunday School for the children, so Bob quickly grabbed his guitar and led the kids in prayer and the marching song as they paraded out to their classrooms.  Our friends chuckled at the impromptu change in schedule..."only at Healing Hearts"!
With a bigger group, fewer people felt free to share during the sharing time.  But those who did speak had positive and hope-filled testimonies. It was also announced that one of our own young adults was going to do an internship with youth ministry in an outreach focus.  So exciting!
When Walter returned to his seat beside me, I turned to him and whispered, "God is stirring something here..."  He nodded in agreement and smiled.
I know it has nothing to do with me.  But somehow, as I recalled the wonderful time of prayer and fellowship I had with the Lord in the morning before service, I felt like I was witnessing a miracle of direct answers to prayer.  It makes me more determined to pray and listen and be part of what God is about to do in our midst and through our ministry here and beyond Regina..
As one of the women shared during our open mike time, "God is on the move.  I don't understand everything He is doing or allowing to happen.  But I don't always understand God's ways."
That's how I am feeling as I look over the coming year.  God is on the move.  He is setting us up for amazing things.  He is filling us and equipping us for the "good works He has prepared in advance for us to do," as Ephesians 2:10 states.
I lift my hands in worship.  I lift up open hands to receive what God has in store.



No comments:

Post a Comment