Wednesday 9 April 2014

FRIENDS...today I am especially aware of good friends who come alongside when we need them.
In the midst of preparing for Dad's memorial service in 5 days, I was blessed to be invited to spend time with two friends at separate times for "whatever" I might be doing.
Talking.
Listening.
Praying.
Baking.
Errands.
Tea.
While I am more comfortable with the doing and the running of preparation for an event, it is a welcome change to be ministered to by others for the emotional and spiritual part of an event.
To have someone care for me is so wonderful.
To learn to receive this love and care is a healthy challenge for me.
To slow down when I want to "ramp up" is counter-intuitive!
God knows what we need.
I am humbled to have such sensitive and generous friends to support me at this important and fragile time in my life.
Thank You, Lord, for the ministry of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment