Friday 29 April 2022

 Everyday this week I have seen evidence of the gradual arrival of spring.

I had complained at how slow the snow was disappearing and how anxious I was to put away the boots and parkas in exchange for my fun summer wardrobe!  But I am thankful for the little things.  The robins, the meadowlark, the sparrows and the geese bring me joy.  The appearance of ground and grass lifts my spirits.  I can't wait to see the young shoots of irises, tulips and other perennials.  And the leaves!  I am craving that fresh green that tempted us when spring had sprung in BC a couple of weeks ago.

And everyday this week I enjoyed the pleasures of my morning devotions.  Reading Scriptures is like planting the seeds of God's Word in the soil of my heart. The Lord was giving me special glimpses of Himself and His wisdom.  He gave me wonderful delights from Philippians, Romans and Isaiah. I've been listening to a couple of different series of daily devotionals and  it has been such a treat.

Just like He unfolds the beauty of the seasons, He reveals His truth little by little.  We cannot handle it all at once. In His graciousness, our loving heavenly Father teaches us what we need when we need it!  

So as I soak in the wonders of spring, I am also soaking in the marvels of God's mysteries...one day at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment