Sunday 10 May 2020

What is Mother's Day like during the pandemic?
Actually, it was pretty nice.  First call in the morning was my son, Mark and his wife, Amy.  Of course it was already 10 am in Manitoba so not that early!  It always warms my heart as my eldest honours me so well.  An Amazon gift card arrived shortly after through text message.  Very slick!
Caylea texted me just before we began watching our worship service at 11 am.  She's not an early bird when it comes to mornings!  But she send many lovely flowers via emoji and it was so nice to hear from her.  (She is on a break from the city and working with an intern on social media material - and she is doing well in a more team environment.)
Last but not last...Daniel came over yesterday afternoon and brought me flowers!  So he wins the first to wish me Happy Mother's Day!  He also came over today after church services online.  We drove by Grandma Dinah's to give a gift and card and have a social distance visit.  Then we took a nice drive out in the country to Deer Valley and points beyond.  In other words, we wandered backroads and eventually found Deer Valley.  By the time we got home, we were all quite ready to order some take-out for supper!
I called my mom, as well.  Brief visit as she and Clarence were about to have lunch with her mother and my aunt and uncle.  A small gathering. 
So all in all, it seemed fairly normal.
On the Healing Hearts front, church service happened with a worship team and preacher on site.  Then from 1:30-3:00 pm they served an ice cream treat and gave a rose to Mom's that drove up to the church parking lot.  A special touch!
On the NCEM side, I have a praise report.  One of the young missionaries was feeling the pressures of the COVID restrictions, with the added responsibility of a four-year-old son with autism.  Worry over the virus, frustration with the lack of supplies in their small community store, she began to pray in desperation.  One thing she needed, and a small thing she admitted, was body wash.  But, at the moment, it felt so big along with everything else she was feeling!  The next day or so after she had been praying, some friends delivered an Easter care package, just because.  As they opened the basket and unpacked the items, guess what was among the items?  Body wash.  Two bottles. 
Isn't that like our God?  He sees our need, hears our prayers and give more than we asked.
I hope this testimony and my blog can increase your hope and build your faith!
(The quote below is an attempt at humour about social distancing- please forgive me!  Sometimes being alone so much means I find the strangest things funny!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment