Thursday 9 January 2020

-21!
I know.  I should be tough enough to handle 40 below, but we've had such a mild fall and winter that I am not my usual tough "Saskatchewan girl" self!
We are sitting in our recliners at home tonight, with fleece blankets on our laps and a space heater going full blast.  Just unloading our luggage from the vehicle after our return from Prince Albert got us chilled.  So glad we are blessed with a warm home and another safe journey.
This past week I spent catching up on emails and office tasks at the NCEM headquarters.  I have two more students inquiring about internship or volunteer opportunities with the ministry.  Plus processing two more students who are just waiting a final approval from their school to serve for three months.  Exciting!
I have a wonderful friend and coworker, Doris, who assists me in the office tasks for Personnel.  She is much more comfortable with computer work, including Excel, and keeps up with the paperwork and updating the data base.  We share an office in the lower level of the office building.  This week we acquired a copier/scanner so we don't have to run upstairs to retrieve printed materials!  Yeah!
I also take minutes for our monthly Executive meetings. Walter as General Director, the Assistant Director Jason Boucher and his wife Anita, our CFO, Bob Laird and then his wife, Doris are all part of our Executive team, with me as designated recording secretary.  So I prepare the agenda, print off copies of the previous meeting's minutes and usually provide lunch for the day of the meeting.  Keeps me busy and I like being part of the discussions and setting direction for the ministry.
So besides Personnel and Executive team responsibilities, I also send birthday, anniversary and  sympathy cards to our staff.  With 140 active and 40+ retired/honorary members, I have several greetings to send each month.  I like doing that particular ministry and also send out cards to our Healing Hearts staff.
Three mornings a week, the staff at headquarters -  office, Tribal Trails and Printshop staff - meet for chapel time first thing.  We treasure that value of NCEM on prayer and worship together.  I play guitar and have shared devotional thoughts on occasion.  Walter spoke this past week and it's good he can have a preaching outlet once in a while!
Walter also had a meeting that he participated in with the NCEM board of directors via ZOOM. 
It was a full week.
Wednesday, the weather forecast was for a storm system to come through Saskatchewan and sure enough, it went from barely a smattering of snow to eight inches!  Our maintenance guy loves pushing the snow with our little Bobcat.  By next morning, some nice snowpiles had grown and we could navigate our way to the office!
Oh, I forgot.  I was asked to read some Scripture passages for use on the Tribal Trails programs.  So if you happen to watch our program on TV (find the schedule on the Tribal Trails website), Listen in the next few months for my voice!
And once again, we can only say we have made it through another week by the grace of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment