Monday 29 October 2018

Made it through!
After we arrived home from our Western Tour, we had only a couple days before our Healing Hearts Staff Conference.  I was so looking forward to this time of "Family Reunion"!  The Lord met with me, with all of us, and through tears and prayer our hearts were drawn closer to each other and to the Lord.  Healing Hearts is going through transition, partly because of our changing role within the ministry.  Also, our staff are on their own personal journeys and so the individual and corporate ministries are always adjusting and going through transitions.  So we press on...
One day only lay in between the conference and a jam-packed weekend where Walter and I were involved in two missions conferences in supporting churches!
We set up our booths representing our mission organizations.  We met dear people, ate too many delicious potluck meals and heard challenging messages on missions.
Saturday night, the speaker gave a message on "Rest", the story of Christ calming the storm.  This was the third sermon or theme on "Rest" in as many days.  Is the Lord telling us something?
Sometimes I feel like my life is like this picture:
Before me lies an intriguing path.  I am drawn to explore and follow wherever it leads.  But I can only see so far down that path, then the branches appear tangled and the way unclear.
I get tangled up in the details, the schedule, the demands of our roles.  The overwhelming task and perceived expectations become a briar patch of activity rather than a pleasant wooded adventure.
I am thankful for my practically-minded husband, who calms my frazzled reactions to busy-ness.  "Just look at Friday - can you set up the booth, greet a few folks and be a participant in the service?"  When it is put that way, sure, I can be part of Friday.  Same with the next day - can I go to a breakfast, meet a few people and pray around the table for missionaries?  Sure, that isn't too overwhelming.  Bite-size pieces of the weekend.
Sunday evening, after the final missions service, we were invited to our friends' for coffee.  Walter, Caylea and I connected with folks and were blessed with refreshments and fellowship.  Yes, we were tired.  But at the same time the Lord had refreshed us.  We were blessed by sincere questions about us and our ministry.  We were encouraged by those who give and pray and support us, and have over almost 30 years in Regina! 
The tangled web of activity became a joyful journey through pleasant spaces in Christ!
But today, we rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment