Saturday 2 December 2017

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."
Soft strains of Michael Buble crooning a Christmas song set the tone for Caylea and myself to be making festive preparations.  I sat at my desk, penning the results of Caylea's clear CT scans in greeting cards to our family.  Caylea was wrapping assorted Scentsy warmers, car bars and room sprays for her Christmas sale.
"Repeat the sounding joy, repeat the sounding joy..."
As I wrote and re-wrote the Christmas greetings and the good news, I began to realize the growing joy in my heart at the Lord's mercies to heal our girl!  Repeating the news reaffirmed my faith and love for my Father.  And I genuinely wanted to share the joy and be thankful to those who have stood by us and supported us in the past year.  The many prayers that went up bless my heart!
"Hark the herald angels sing 'Glory to the newborn King'"...
Truly this season is a time for us to share the real Good News, the news that the angels heralded that awesome night.  Every year we send newsletters to our supporters and its a time to recall God's blessings and provisions for us.  Being in faith missions gives us so many opportunities to see God do miracles and to rely on Him for everything we need. Writing and sending the letters ministers to me as I can give thanks to those whom God uses to supply our needs.  Makes me want to sing!
"Silent Night, Holy Night..."
So while Caylea and I get our "Christmas on", Walter and Daniel are down in Phoenix to watch some NFL football and a Coyotes NHL game, as well.  The evenings are pretty quiet around here without my husband, and I'm glad he can have some "guy time".  It gives me a chance to be still and enjoy some restful "me time".
Hope you all are spending some special time preparing your hearts and homes for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment