Thursday 27 July 2017

I know that when I am at my weakest, God will be my strength.
These past few days have been very full, traveling to Edmonton for a wedding - which was such a joyful and worthwhile trip!  It was wonderful to see our niece, Robyn, marry a young man from Costa Rica, whom she met while in ministry with YWAM in Wales.  To have all the Selke grandchildren together was special.
And then Walter and I drove from Edmonton to Regina, then back to Prince Albert for two days, only to hear news that our dear friends, coworkers with Healing Hearts Ministries since its inception in 1994, lost their daughter, Eva, yesterday afternoon. We were to come home Thursday to see our daughter off on her trip to Europe (also a huge life event for her and a step of faith for us).
So with all the back and forth, we are feeling quite emotionally and physically exhausted.
We have commitments in Manitoba this weekend and will do more back and forth because of the upcoming funeral.  I just can't imagine getting into that car tomorrow...
Isaiah 40:31 is an enduring promise that I know by heart.
"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength;
 they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
 they shall run and not be weary,
 they shall walk and not faint."
I am thankful that when I lie down and sleep, God does miraculously renew my physical body.  He created me to be a morning person, and so at the beginning of each new day, I am usually energized and filled with hope and purpose.  I may go to bed tired and feeling overwhelmed by the burden of the next day's schedule and demands; but I awake with fresh desire to work and serve.
By faith, I will go to sleep tonight and anticipate God's renewing strength by His Spirit in me.
By faith, I will wait on Him; I will trust in Him; I will not rush ahead and spend energy on worry or mental lists when I have this gift of rest.
Good night, all.  May you also experience the gracious gift of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment