Saturday 25 March 2017

How have I seen God this week?
I have seen Him in meeting with me personally.
This is very egocentric.  But on Monday, chronologically speaking, I experienced an answer to prayer.  With all our travels and no Curves franchise in Prince Albert, I was sure I would have to give up my membership. I have enjoyed this physical outlet and also realize I need to be disciplined to exercise.  So I wrestled with the Lord; I talked with the Curves coaches.  Finally, I was able to meet with the owner directly and make an arrangement to keep my membership even while not being able to be participate regularly.  She was very supportive of the ministry we do and encouraged me to keep blessing those who are needy!
Another way I have seen God this week is in the freedom He gave me to settle into what I feel He is leading me to do on a daily basis, not what I think others are expecting of me.  So one morning, I stayed in our suite at Prince Albert (NCEM Headquarters) and had my devotions.  I also typed up some notes and accomplished some other communications.  Although I did feel a little guilty for not offering to help around the office, Tribal Trails or the printshop until the afternoon, I feel I won a small victory in discovering my new role.
I saw God in our meetings with people this week.  Everyone has a different story, a unique journey that God is taking them on.  I have been praying that the Lord will give me the grace and love to listen well and we had several opportunities to see His Spirit at work.  And this gives me the greatest joy; spending time connecting with people is really the heart of what our ministry is about!
I saw God at Big River Bible Camp yesterday!  We have heard of the building project that was happening and we have met the staff couples serving there.  But to see the chapel/dining hall complex in reality and to see what God provided through many miracles is a huge faith-builder!  We love Bible camp ministry and see the potential for so much more in that beautiful facility.
I see God in my husband, Walter, as well.  As he is bringing leadership to two mission organizations, functioning in the sweet spot of his giftings and showing patience as He waits on God, I am so blessed!  As I pray for him, I see God answering my prayers.  And in all the newness and uncertainty of our ministry journey, Walter takes time to see how I am doing.  God is so good to me.
That is only the tip of the iceberg!  God is at work all over and His glory is displayed in big and small ways...if only we are quiet and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment