Wednesday 1 June 2016

I knew it would happen.
I hit the "pit".
I know why.  I feel like I couldn't really avoid it.  Even if I duck and swerve, the inevitable emotional, physical and mental strain was bound to become a "pit" in my journey.
So I felt myself becoming exhausted, tired of people, tired of dealing with the stress of the surgeries and recoveries and the unknowns.Tired of cooking and keeping up.  Tired of my own expectations of myself.
I wanted to run away, to ignore everyone and everything!
Instead, I escaped to our backyard and opened Psalm 30.  I felt the words wash over me.  I saw certain phrases jump out and speak to me.  The psalmist even made reference to the pit, to Sheol.  He knew what I was feeling.  God knew what I was feeling and knew what I needed.
"O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol; You restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit."
Even today, this morning, I feel the shadows of discouragement and weariness.  I see the lovely morning sunshine and blue sky and feel some hope rising.  I want to be strong and not faint during this time for my daughter and husband.  I don't like to ask for help!  But I know I can't do this long term on my own.  So I reach out...
Today I've been invited to a friend's for tea.
Tomorrow I have a lunch appointment downtown.
Thank You, Lord for lifting me up and blessing me with support.
"I will extol You, O Lord, for You have drawn me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me."
The "pit" becomes a "pothole" when the Lord is near.
He has given me strength for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment