Friday 15 April 2016

Today is Friday, the end of a long week in our lives!
Caylea was able to get blood work done on Monday, and to meet a plastic surgeon, Dr. Chang.
Tuesday Caylea was informed that her CT scan would be Thursday morning and she would need to fast.  And we waited...
Wednesday, our wonderful family doctor, Sylvie Jones, called with good news that her blood tests looked fine and no signs of infection.
Thursday, I took Caylea across town to the Pasqua Hospital radiology department, where she had her CT scan.  (She was told that the IV dye injected into her would give a warm sensation, then make you feel like you wet yourself.  Apparently that is exactly how it felt and Caylea got a kick out of that!)
Today, is the appointment with the general surgeon, Dr. Kurtz, who will be performing a surgical procedure to check out more of the tissue around the site of the mole.  Hopefully with the blood test and CT scan results, we will know something more about the extent of the cancer and the next steps.
Each morning, Walter and I have felt the doubts and lies and anxiety creep in.  By prayer, we've been able to overcome that heaviness and dread.  Now, as we wait for this appointment today (at 10:30 am), we can both testify to the victory in Jesus over every thought!  Whatever the news, whatever the journey, we know God is in control, not the enemy!
Caylea has been very positive throughout this trying week.  Maybe a touch of denial, but mostly she has had family and friends around to support and to talk to and through the emotional side of things.  Walter said, "I think she is handling this better than her parents!"
This morning, I read a "verse of the day" and it was Hebrews 11:6.
"It's impossible to please God apart from faith.  And why?  Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that He exists and that He cares enough to respond to those who seek Him."
The thought struck me as I meditated on the meaning of this verse:  I have spent years seeking the Lord.  God has met with me over and over and I've enjoyed wonderful times in His Word, in sweet fellowship, in worship, in prayer.  I've spent times seeking Him and come up empty, dry and disappointed, as well.  There are seasons of joy and seasons of drought and I know I have had the normal human experience in seeking God.
The amazing part of today's journey seems to me that I don't feel like this difficult trial we are going through is a punishment or test.  I feel like its a reward!  Am I crazy?  
Somehow all the rich times and even dry times in Jesus have stored up to bring me to the place that I have an abundance.  I feel the grace of God carrying me, the prayers of His people sustaining me, the promises from Scripture strengthening me.  I don't feel overwhelmed by the trial, but I feel like the Lord is rewarding me with all His love and resources.  He is responding to me because He cares for me and my family!
I do believe that He exists.  I do believe that He rewards those who seek Him.  And the rewards far outweigh the pain, spiritual battle and desire to spare our daughter the journey ahead.
Lord, in the appointment today, please give us all we need to bear whatever news we receive.  We will give You thanks and praise!  

No comments:

Post a Comment