Monday 28 March 2016

THINGS ON MY MIND...
The missing 2-year-old boy in Austin, Manitoba area...his body found a few days later at a creek near his home.  How tragic!
The state of emergency in Cross Lake, Manitoba...epidemic suicide attempts and too many successes. (The community has invited any groups to come and do kids programming.  Desperate but doing something about it!)
Easter...reading through the Matthew Gospel account of the Holy Week and planning for Good Friday communion service and then Easter Sunday worship service and meal.
Missed having all our kids home for Easter...the first year since 1995 that we didn't have an Easter egg hunt.  But it was still a celebration with a family meal, playing games and laughing.
In all the busy-ness, I was so thankful to know and experience Jesus, the dying Saviour and the Risen Lord!  I read about Jesus' death and marveled at how He tried to prepare the disciples for that.  And how He didn't shrink back from Golgotha.  My Jesus went all the way for me!
Daniel was the only one of our kids home and he blessed me with a bouquet of spring flowers "just because I love you, Mom"!
And I am such a favoured woman, my husband of almost 27 years, who puts up with my distracted brain when I am hosting a family meal...and who rejoices with me in what God is doing in our lives, in our ministry and in our family. Who prays with me every night.  Who takes spiritual warfare seriously and prays over our kids and our house before the enemy attacks!  And who tells me he loves me and calls me beautiful.
So, I just wanted to check into "blog-land" and approach the coming week trusting in the Lord with all the big things, the personal things, the world's things.
One final blessing...a surprise visit from Caylea & the Upside Down team.  Just a pit stop but a gift from the Lord!
One more joy would be to hear from Mark and Amy.  Lord, take care of them.
Happy Easter, everyone.  There is always hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment