Sunday 3 January 2016

Feeling sad.
With Caylea packed up and gone back to rejoin the "Upside-Down Productions" drama tour, I now feel like the Christmas holidays are officially over.
The tree is looking dry and dying.  I will take that down next week.  But I like to leave the Nativity scenes up and our Christmas cards on display.  Reminders of Jesus are never out of season!
So I glance into Caylea's now neat and tidy room and pray for her.  We are proud of her choice to minister, to stretch her skills and her faith in learning something new.  The life on the road is not easy and she is being challenged in all kinds of ways.  But God is doing a work in her and we see that growth!
I got a text today from Mark and Amy.  "We won't have cell service at this camp."
Although they are in southern Manitoba at Rouseau River Bible Camp for the next month, it now feels like they are in a remote part of the world being out of cell phone range!  I say a prayer for them both, that they would be strong for their tasks, spiritually and physically refreshed and ready to connect and engage with the 12 students returning for 2nd semester of "Encounter".  Lord, watch over them.
So, I felt teary as I worshiped this morning.
I looked ahead of me and there is our son, Daniel, standing to sing praises to the Lord.  I am thankful for his presence in our home.  He is a decent young man, working hard at his sheet metal apprenticeship and serving quietly and faithfully in church.  He'll be gone to Saskatoon for two months early this spring, but it is nice to know he is close by.  We're proud of the character development Daniel has shown over the years.  I pray for him to keep true to the Lord in all he does.
Walter and I will be flying to Calgary tomorrow, back on Tuesday.  Life goes on.
My sadness has turned to gratitude.  Christmas cannot last forever.  But God's blessings do!

No comments:

Post a Comment