Monday 26 January 2015

Dad's picture sits atop our piano in the living room of our home.  It is a good photograph of him, taken for the "wall of fame" for past presidents of the Tartan Curling Club, and where Dad was honoured for his 33 years of serving as manager.
I think of Dad now and then at the oddest times.  Unexpected memories and funny incidents, missing him at family celebrations and while watching football or curling.
It will be one year since my Dad passed away.
We are going over to help my step-mom write up a memorial for the Leader Post newspaper.  I have mixed feelings about this.  I don't really want to do this task.  I want to leave the memories where they are and not relive one year ago.  We were just flying back from the Dominican Republic and then having car trouble as we tried to start our diesel Jetta in 40 below in Winnipeg!  We made it home and within 48 hours, I was saying good-bye to my Dad.
Am I dreading my own emotions?  Yes.
I am struggling to handle my step-mom's grief and my sister's mourning, as well.
"Your grace is enough..."  (Chris Tomlin song)

No comments:

Post a Comment